Listed below are 7 easy steps to help you manage your anger.
1. Slow down and stay calm. Take time to work through your feelings.
2. Step back - Assess the situtation. Admit that you are angry.
3. Avoid blaming and accusing other. Be willing to take responsibility for your actions.
4. Avoid using the "You" worde. Use phrases like, I don't understand what you are saying or I don't follow your line of thought.
5. Consider the other persons feelings.
6. Take time to listen. Do you really hear what the other person is saying?
7. Ask - "Am I the solution or the problem?" Look for a solution that will difuse the situation and that everyone can embrace.
Copyright 2001 PSA Treasures All Rights Reserved